5 Things to Know About Drones Now
UAVs are taking flight to aid and improve everything from disease control to a dip in the ocean
July 19, 2023 |
- In New York State (NYS), Governor Kathy Hochul implemented her plan to better monitor and prevent shark attacks: put eyes in the sky. NYS now has 24 trained drone operators and set aside up to US$1 million to protect swimmers against shark attacks.
- The Jerusalem Post reported that Teledyne Norway is supplying 1,000 additional Black Hornet micro-drones (see photo) to Norway to Ukraine to defend itself in the ongoing conflict.
- The eyes of Texas will soon be upon the denizens of the Lone Star State. The North Texas Innovation Alliance hosted a Drones & Robotics Demo Day to help make Dallas County a smart county.
- Fireworks are giving way to drones as the UAVs are more environmentally friendly, safer, and quieter than traditional sky-high celebratory entertainment. The movement is (pardon the pun) catching fire globally as they lit up the skies at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the coronation of Britain’s King Charles.
- The Orange County California Mosquito and Vector Control District is using drones to combat a spike in the mosquito population to mitigate against the spread of disease in Southern California.
#aerocarjournal #drones #aam #uam